Shenzhen's BEST Hotel Near University City Subway? Lavande Hotel Review!

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China

Shenzhen's BEST Hotel Near University City Subway? Lavande Hotel Review!

Shenzhen's BEST Kept Secret? A Totally Honest Lavande Hotel Review Near University City Subway! (Brace Yourselves)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe some lukewarm hotel coffee) on the Lavande Hotel near Shenzhen University City Subway. Forget those sterile, robot-written reviews. This is the real deal, folks. This is me. And I’m here to tell you if this place is actually worth your precious vacation days (or business trip survival skills).

First Impressions (and a Bit of a Panic): Accessibility and Getting There

Okay, so first off, navigating Shenzhen can be a beast. But the University City subway is a lifesaver, and the Lavande is, thankfully, pretty close. Super convenient, and the accessibility seemed pretty decent. I'm no wheelchair user myself, but I noticed elevators and ramps, which is a HUGE plus. Accessibility: Check!

Getting to the hotel? That's where things almost went sideways. My airport transfer, which the hotel offered (more on that later), was late. Late. Like, "is my flight going to disappear into the Shenzhen smog?" late. This is where the stress levels started to crank up. But, eventually, we made it. Airport Transfer: Could be better, but it's there.

The Rooms: A Mix of "Ooh" and "Uh-Oh"

Entering the room was… a thing. Let's be honest: room decorations? They tried. I mean, there was a mirror (check!), and a sofa (double check!), and a "reading light" (though I mostly used it for Instagram Live). But the overall vibe was less "luxury oasis" and more "tasteful attempt at luxury." I did, however, LOVE the blackout curtains. Pure bliss after a long flight! Blackout Curtains: 10/10!

My room had a… "non-smoking" room (thank the heavens!) but the interconnecting room situation was a little iffy… you could HEAR the people next door! I was hoping it was only me but hey-ho! Also, I’m a total coffee addict, and the coffee/tea maker was a lifesaver. Although, the complimentary tea was basically English Breakfast (boo!), and the water bottles were free, so, win some, lose some.

There's a small refrigerator (score!), and an in-room safe box (always a good sign). Internet access – wireless (Wi-Fi [free]) was generally good, thank goodness. The Internet access – LAN was a mystery to me but hey, I'm old school, not necessarily a techie, but it's there.

The air conditioning was a godsend, and the hair dryer actually worked! The slippers and bathrobes were nice touches too! I also got to experience the extra long bed which was a major win for someone with my tall frame.

But, like, what was with the separate shower/bathtub situation. That's right. Both, in the same bathroom. Showers & Bathtubs: Weird, but acceptable.

Oh – and the additional toilet… not something I always expect, but its availability was certainly a plus. Bathroom phone: Does anyone actually ever use these? I didn’t! Let’s just leave it at that.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, We Live in a Pandemic World)

This is where Lavande really impressed me. They were SERIOUS about hygiene. I felt safe. There’s hand sanitizer everywhere. They had anti-viral cleaning products (I peeked, yep, they do!) and were offering room sanitization opt-out. Daily disinfection in common areas. Staff trained in safety protocol. Hot water linen and laundry washing. Rooms sanitized between stays. I'm talking professional-grade sanitization! Safety/security feature, Smoke alarms, and Fire extinguisher. Phew! Cleanliness & Safety: A+

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Good, the Bad, and the Questionable Buffet

Let's dive into the food because I'm a creature of habit, and I need my eats!

  • Breakfast [buffet]: OK. Let's talk breakfast. It was included, and I'm not one to turn down free food, HOWEVER, I’ve had better. It was, how do I put this… adequately Asian. If you're lucky, you'll find something that tickles your fancy. If you’re craving some authentic Western food, you may need to look elsewhere. If you're feeling lazy, not a bad place to start your day! Breakfast [buffet]: Slightly disappointing.

  • Restaurants: There was one restaurant, so, not a whole lot of choice (or alternatives), and the food was so-so. The coffee/tea in restaurant was fine. The salad in restaurant was passable. And, the Asian cuisine in restaurant well… was what it was.

  • Snack bar: This was a real lifesaver! After arriving and taking a quick shower, I was so hungry for a quick bite to help me wind down. I could grab a pre-made sandwich and some snacks.

  • Room service [24-hour]: Thank God for room service! Especially after those late nights!

Things to Do/Ways to Relax: The Gym is There, Though…

Okay, so the fitness center was… a gym. Basic. Functional. Definitely not a luxury experience. I didn’t partake, but if you're desperate, it'll do. Gym/fitness: Meh.

There's a spa/sauna - well, the hotel advertises one. Not sure what to say, given that I was only there for a short period of time!

Services and Conveniences: The Goodies That Make Life Easier

  • Front desk [24-hour]: Big thumbs up! Always someone there to help, even when my jet lag made me sound like a confused goat.
  • Concierge: Helpful, although a bit more touristy than I'm used to.
  • Laundry service/Dry cleaning/Ironing service: Lifesavers for a travel-worn soul.
  • Convenience store: Always handy for snacks and necessities.
  • Cash withdrawal: Convenient!

Getting Around

  • Airport transfer: Already discussed… could be improved.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Nice touch! Shenzhen parking can be a nightmare.
  • Taxi service: Available.

The Verdict: Is Lavande Near University City Subway Worth It?

Look, the Lavande Hotel near University City Subway isn't perfect. It's not the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in. The food could be better, and the "luxury" vibe is more of a "trying really hard" vibe. BUT, for the price, cleanliness, proximity to the subway, safety protocols, and the staff’s general helpfulness, it's a solid choice – especially if you're primarily interested in exploring Shenzhen, not lounging by a pool.

My honest take? It's a good option. It's not a luxury experience, but it offers a safe, clean, and convenient place to rest your head while exploring Shenzhen.

---

Are you READY to Book your Stay? Here’s an Offer You WON'T Want to Miss!

"Shenzhen Survival Starter Pack" at the Lavande Hotel Near University City Subway!

  • 3-Night Stay in a Cozy, Clean Room: Recharges your batteries after a long day.
  • Daily Breakfast Buffet (Even If It's Just Okay): Fuel your adventures!
  • Free, Reliable Wi-Fi (Seriously!): Stay connected (and share your amazing photos!).
  • Complimentary Bottle of Water: Hydrate that poor body!
  • Early Check-In/Late Check-Out (Subject to Availability): Maximize your exploration!
  • A special welcome gift/souvenir: I'm not going to give it away here, you need to book to find it out!

This is the offer to Book Now.

Click Here To Book Your Shenzhen Adventure at the Lavande Hotel!

But hurry! This offer is valid for a limited time only, and the rooms are filling up fast!

Unbelievable Staybridge Suites Des Moines Downtown Deal! (IHG)

Book Now

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is a Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch adventure, and trust me, we're going to get messy. Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that is… me attempting to navigate Shenzhen.

Trip Title: Lost in Translation (and Possibly My Own Mind) - A Lavande Hotel Shenanigans

Day 1: Arrival, Assessment, and the Great Dumpling Debacle

  • Time: 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM (or whenever the jet lag decides to actually permit me to wake up)

    • Event: Land at Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport (SZX). Dragging my suitcase, which feels like I’m smuggling a small elephant, through the airport. Honestly, the jet lag already has me questioning my life choices. Did I really need that third pair of shoes? The answer, obviously, is yes. Always.
    • Transportation: Airport Express Line (hopefully I can figure out the tap-and-pay system without looking like a complete idiot). Praying the air conditioning is cranked because I'm already sweating through my shirt.
    • Notes: Okay, deep breaths. Find the subway. Don't get scammed. Don't accidentally board a train to… I don't know… Guangzhou? Focus!
  • Time: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM

    • Event: Subway ride to the Lavande Hotel located at Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch.
    • Transportation: Shenzhen Metro. Let's pray that there will be a seat. I am so tired of standing.
    • Notes: This is where my Mandarin really gets put to the test (which is minimal, I will be honest.) Hopefully, the hotel is easy to find. Wish me luck!
  • Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM

    • Event: ARRIVAL! At Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch. Check-in, room assessment, and immediate collapse on the bed.
    • Transportation: Legs! (Finally)
    • Notes: Is the room remotely like the pictures? Is the AC blasting? Are there any weird smells? These are the pressing questions. Fingers crossed for a comfy bed because I'm going to need it.
  • Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM:

    • Event: Nap. A glorious, well-deserved nap. Possibly multiple naps. Jet lag is a beast.
    • Notes: Do not disturb sign is going up. Nothing can interrupt this!
  • Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM:

    • Event: Food! Hunger pangs are kicking in, so lunch is A MUST. I'm aiming for a local eatery near the hotel. Maybe some noodles? Or dumplings? (Oh, the dumplings…)
    • Transportation: Feet.
    • Notes: This is where things get interesting. I spotted a little dumpling place. It looked authentic. The smells were incredible. I, being an adventurous eater (sometimes), decided to order whatever looked good. The language barrier made communication difficult, so I just pointed and smiled. The dumplings arrived. They were plump, juicy, and beautiful. I took a bite… And then I realized, with a wave of cold sweat, that they were NOT what I expected. They had, shall we say, an acquired taste. A strong taste. I politely choked down two, my face turning a shade of red that rivaled the chili oil on the table. Lesson learned: next time, I need to study the menu very carefully. The lady at the counter seemed very amused. I may or may not have offered her a dumpling in the spirit of attempting to share the experience.
  • Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM:

    • Event: Stroll around the immediate neighborhood. Attempt to get my bearings.
    • Transportation: Feet.
    • Notes: Oh, the heat! But, the atmosphere is really unique, the energy is great!
  • Time: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM:

    • Event: Explore. Maybe the Shenzhen University City campus? Or maybe, just maybe, I'll find a decent coffee shop.
    • Transportation: Subway, or feet, depending on the weather's mood.
    • Notes: I desperately need caffeine. Seriously, if anyone knows of a decent latte within a reasonable distance, please let me know. Also, watch out for scooters. They are everywhere… and they seem to have a death wish.
  • Time: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM:

    • Event: Dinner! Hopefully, a less… adventurous meal than the dumplings. Perhaps some safe and comforting noodles? Or maybe I'll just load up on french fries, the international language of comfort.
    • Transportation: Feet.
    • Notes: Must find the location where the food is less of a risk…
  • Time: 7:00 PM - Bedtime:

    • Event: Collapse dramatically back at the hotel. Maybe watch some TV. Maybe read. Maybe just stare at the ceiling and contemplate the existential dread of international travel.
    • Transportation: Also, legs!
    • Notes: Remind myself to pack Pepto Bismol. Just in case.

Day 2: Temples, Technology, and the Quest for a Decent Cup of Coffee

  • Time: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM:

    • Event: Okay, let’s get serious. Breakfast. Ideally something less questionable than the dumplings from yesterday. Maybe a pastry? Or some fruit? Or anything that isn’t a culinary adventure.
    • Transportation: Feet.
    • Notes: I'd like to think I'm learning the food game. Let's see if I can successfully order the one and same thing for the second day.
  • Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM:

    • Event: Visit a temple. I've seen some beautiful pictures online. I'm envisioning a serene experience - peaceful, contemplative, full of… well, hopefully, not too many crowds or aggressive vendors.
    • Transportation: Subway, then maybe a taxi.
    • Notes: I'm getting into the whole "culture" thing. I hope. Let's see if my attempts to show respect via attire and etiquette go as planned.
  • Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM:

    • Event: Lunch! (And pray for the taste buds).
    • Transportation: Feet.
    • Notes: Let's see if I can successfully re-locate the noodle shop from yesterday.
  • Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM:

    • Event: Explore the technology markets. Shenzhen is a tech hub. I'm considering buying a new phone, but I'm also terrified of getting scammed.
    • Transportation: Subway, and again, feet.
    • Notes: Bargaining strategy at the ready. (Or at least, the attempt of a bargaining strategy). Wish me luck!
  • Time: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM:

    • Event: THE COFFEE QUEST. Dedicated to the search for said cup of coffee.
    • Transportation: Feet, mostly. May possibly involve a taxi.
    • Notes: This is priority number one.
  • Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM:

    • Event: Catching up with the world (if possible).
    • Transportation: the Internet.
    • Notes: Time to call home to tell my family that I am still alive and I am still trying to adapt.
  • Time: 7:00 PM - Bedtime:

    • Event: Dinner. Maybe something familiar by this point? Or, who knows, maybe I'll take a leap of faith and try something entirely new (and potentially disastrous).
    • Transportation: Feet, or Delivery (if I chicken out).
    • Notes: Tomorrow I am off to another destination, but I am really enjoying my current location.

Day 3: Travel Day and Departure

  • Time: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM:

    • Event: Wake up. Pack. Eat breakfast/
    • Transportation: Feet, then Uber.
    • Notes: Pack up all my things. I am really moving to my next destination!
  • Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM:

    • Event: Check out of Lavande Hotel.
    • Transportation: Feet, and the subway!
Uncover Japan's Hidden Onsen Paradise: Yupopo's Secrets Revealed!

Book Now

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China

Shenzhen's BEST Hotel Near University City Subway? Lavande Hotel Review! ...Hold on, Let Me Rant For a Second!

Okay, Seriously, Is This Lavande Hotel REALLY the Best Near University City Subway?

Alright, alright, let's get this straight. "Best"? That's a loaded word, isn't it? Okay, so, *near* University City Subway? Yeah, Lavande Hotel's pretty darn good in that respect. I mean, you practically stumble out of the station and BOOM, there it is. No sweaty five-minute walks dragging luggage through crowded streets. That's a HUGE plus, especially when you're arriving after a long flight and all you want is a shower and a horizontal surface. Consider me sold on the convenience.

But "best"? Hold your horses. My experience? It's a tale of two nights. First night? Divine. Seriously, the room was clean, the bed was like a cloud (or at least, a relatively comfy cloud), and the AC worked like a champ. I even got a little excited about the free water bottles. *Silly, I know.* But hey, little things, right?

Night two? Well…let's just say the air conditioning decided to take a sabbatical. Picture this: me, sprawled out on that supposed cloud, slowly drowning in my own perspiration. I called reception, the helpful (but sadly, air conditioning ill-equipped) staff tried to fix it, but no dice. Ended up having to open the window and deal with the symphony of Shenzhen street noises. The *symphony*! So, "best"? Depends on the day, I guess.

The Rooms: What's the Vibe? Are They Instagram-Worthy (or, You Know, Just Livable)?

Oh, the rooms. They *try* to be trendy. Sleek lines, muted colors, minimalist chic… you know the drill. They have that "boutique hotel" feel, but let's be real, you're not exactly getting luxury. Think IKEA, but with a slightly higher price tag. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing! They're clean (most of the time – see previous rant!), and the space is used pretty well. The lighting is actually pretty good, which is a win in my book because I *hate* dim rooms.

But, and there’s always a but, right? The soundproofing? Let's just say my neighbor seemed to be auditioning for a karaoke competition the entire night, and my eardrums were his unwilling audience. Also, that "sleek design" sometimes translates into impracticality. Like, the placement of the power outlets? Some of them are in the most awkward spots. I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out how to charge my phone before giving up and just, you know, staring at a wall, silently judging everyone’s life choices. It was a deep moment, actually.

Breakfast? Is it Worth Dragging Myself Out of Bed For?

Breakfast… *takes a deep breath* Okay. So, the Lavande Hotel breakfast. It's included, which is always a plus when you're trying to be a budget traveler. The options? Let's just say don't expect Michelin-star quality. There's a selection of Chinese staples, some toast, some… questionable looking fruit (I strongly advise against the "mystery melon"), and coffee that could curdle even the sturdiest of stomachs.

But, you know, for a quick fuel-up before diving into the Shenzhen chaos, it does the job. I’ll be honest, I went for the simple pleasures. Toast, maybe some scrambled eggs, and a LOT of that surprisingly strong coffee. Honestly, the coffee probably got me through the day. The alternative is wandering out into the wilds of Shenzhen searching for a decent bite at 7 AM. No, thank you.

The "Extras": Any Pool, Gym, or Other Amenities That Make it Stand Out?

Okay, let's talk about the "extras." Brace yourselves, because the Lavande Hotel is not exactly a resort. Think more… utilitarian. There's no pool. No gym to speak of. (Though, to be fair, walking around Shenzhen is probably sufficient exercise.) They have a small lobby area, which is perfectly functional, but not exactly a place you’ll want to spend hours lounging.

In short, it is VERY basic. And honestly? That's fine. I wasn't there for the amenities. I was there for a bed near the subway. And on that front, it delivers. Don't expect to be pampered. Don't expect a jacuzzi. Just expect a… functional place to sleep, which, in a pinch, is perfectly acceptable. Especially if you plan on spending all day *exploring* Shenzhen anyway… which you should, because it’s amazing!

Location, Location, Location: Beyond the Subway, Is It Actually a Good Spot?

Okay, let's get into the nitty-gritty of the location. The subway proximity is its *biggest* selling point, no doubt. I can't stress this enough. Jump out of the station and BAM! It's right there. Super convenient for getting around Shenzhen.

But, step outside the hotel… Well, you're in a pretty typical, slightly bustling, university area. Lots of restaurants catering to students, which means budget-friendly eats are plentiful. Street food? Oh, yes. Delicious and cheap? You bet! But it's not exactly the epicentre of Shenzhen's nightlife. You'll need to take the subway for anything truly exciting and interesting. But again, that’s kinda the point! Easy access!

There's a few convenience stores nearby for snacks and essentials. But if you’re looking for high-end shopping or historic sites… you're going to be traveling. So, location-wise, it's perfect for students, budget travelers, or anyone who prioritizes ease of access over, like, proximity to a Starbucks. (Though, there’s probably one a short subway ride away.)

The Staff: Are They Actually Helpful, or Just…There?

The staff… Okay, here's the deal. They're mostly friendly and helpful. I wouldn't call them chatty, but they get the job done. They speak enough English to handle the basics – check in, check out, answering questions about the air conditioning (or lack thereof!).

They’re not going to overwhelm you with warmth, or go above and beyond to make your day. I’ve had experiences with other hotels where the staff are just… indifferent, and that’s not the case here. They're perfectly serviceable. They fixed the air conditioning (sort of. Again, see above). They pointed me in the direction of a decent noodle shop. They were there when I needed them. That's really all I asked for.

Ocean By H10 Hotels

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China

Lavande Hotel Shenzhen University City Subway Station Branch China