Escape to Green Rostock: Germany's Chicest Apartment Hotel Awaits!
Escape to Green Rostock: My (Messed Up, But Amazing) Rostock Adventure!
Alright, listen up, potential Rostock escapees! I just got back from a stay at Escape to Green Rostock, and let me tell you, it's LESS like a sterile hotel experience and MORE like stumbling into a ridiculously stylish secret haven. Okay, so maybe it wasn't PERFECT (more on that later), but the good stuff? Chef's kiss. Seriously, prepare to be tempted, because I'm about to spill the beans (and probably some wine, knowing me).
First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle (A Big Win!)
Okay, SO, first thing's first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, because, let's be honest, hotels often claim to be accessible and then you get there and it's a disaster. Escape to Green? They actually get it. Wheelchair accessible? YES. This isn't just a ramp tacked on as an afterthought. The lobby, the elevators, the rooms – all designed with genuine accessibility in mind. The staff were super friendly and helpful (more on that later too!). This alone deserves a gold star. They've got Facilities for disabled guests built right into the design, not just added on later. Amazing!
The Internet Saga (Let's Be Real… We All Need It!)
Okay, the modern traveler's lifeblood: Internet. Thank goodness, they understand the need for constant connectivity. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! Yes! And it actually worked, which is a miracle in itself! Internet access is available throughout the property, including Wi-Fi in public areas. They even had Internet [LAN], for those of us who still prefer a wired connection for extra security or speed. I’m a sucker for the old-school LAN approach myself!
The Cleanliness Crusade (Phew! So Necessary Right Now)
Let's move on to the safety aspects, which honestly, are what grabbed my attention these days. Cleanliness and safety is, like, EVERYTHING. I was relieved. They're on top of it. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yep. Rooms sanitized between stays? You got it. Look, I'm not a germaphobe, but the peace of mind was worth it. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff all follow safety protocols. I even noticed (and appreciated) the individually-wrapped food options. And for those who like things even cleaner (or want to save the planet) you can opt-out of the room sanitization.
Rooms: Chic, Relaxing, and… Almost Perfect?
The rooms themselves? Available in all rooms? (Check). They are seriously stylish. Modern design, with a touch of that understated German elegance. My room had everything I needed, Air conditioning, of course, a refrigerator, a coffee/tea maker (essential!), a desk for working, and a comfy seating area for unwinding. Blackout curtains were a godsend, and an extra-long bed meant I didn't feel like I was being asked to sleep diagonally. Non-smoking rooms, thankfully. The private bathroom was beautifully appointed. A nice shower, and a separate shower/bathtub. The towels were fluffy, and they even had some complimentary tea! Yes! Now, the only minor imperfection? My room lacked a bidet. (A girl can dream, right?)
The Spa, The Sauna, and the Pool: Ahhh, Bliss!
Now, let's talk about the good stuff - the places to really de-stress! They have a Spa… yes! The Sauna was divine – seriously, after a long day, it worked wonders. And the Swimming pool [outdoor] was so lovely. I couldn't resist the Pool with a view was fantastic! I was tempted to get the Body scrub, and Body wrap, but time didn't allow.
Food, Glorious Food (And Drink!)
Okay, food fanatics, listen up! The restaurant is a winner. They have options for days! There's Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, and even a vegetarian restaurant if you are so inclined! I was a fan of the buffet for breakfast. And if you are too tired to leave your room, they had 24-hour room service, which is always a plus! I wasn't overly keen on the bottle of water. I'm a simple kind of girl I would have preferred an option for tap water too. They were still serving up great food, though.
Getting Around & Other Conveniences (Making Life Easier)
Escape to Green makes getting around easier. Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]. Perfect! The elevator made getting around a breeze. They have a Concierge. Laundry service is available, and I even managed to get a dry cleaning done.
The Staff: Friendly, Helpful (And Patient… Bless Them!)
The staff deserve a shout-out. Seriously, they were phenomenal. They were staff trained in safety protocol. From helping me navigate a slight language barrier (my German is… well, let's just say it needs work) to sorting out a minor room hiccup (a tiny issue with the lighting, nothing major!), they were always friendly, patient, and genuinely helpful. Top marks!
The "Things to Do" & Ways to Relax: A Real Plus!
This place had it all, from the Spa/sauna to the Steamroom. They have a Fitness center, so if you are super keen, enjoy your foot bath! And if you are really really into being healthy, they have a Gym/fitness. I didn't get to try them, but they were there!
The Quirky Bits & Imperfections (Because Real Life Isn't Perfect!)
Okay, so, remember when I mentioned not everything was perfect? Well, here's the slightly messy bit:
- The Coffee Machine Drama: Let's just say my first attempt at making coffee involved a minor… malfunction. The staff swooped in to fix it, bless them, but it’s the sort of thing that makes you chuckle later.
- The Location: Not exactly in the heart of the city. But, honestly, it's a short taxi ride, and it's still easy to get around by car.
My Final Verdict: Book It! (Seriously!)
Despite those teeny, tiny quirks, Escape to Green Rostock is a winner. The accessibility, the stylish rooms, the spa, the amazing staff – it all adds up to a fantastic experience. If you're looking for a chic, relaxing, and genuinely accessible escape in Rostock, look no further.
Here’s My Unsolicited Advice & A Tempting Offer (For You, My Fellow Traveler):
Escape to Green Rostock: Your Stress-Free Getaway Awaits!
Ready to Experience Rostock in Style? Escape to Green Rostock – Germany's Chicest Apartment Hotel – is waiting for you! Imagine waking up in a beautifully designed room, with a private bathroom, great linens, fluffy towels and all the comforts of home. Indulge in a spa treatment, relax in the sauna, or soak up the sun by the outdoor pool.
BOOK NOW and receive:
- Special Offer: Receive a Complimentary Welcome Drink at the Bar!
- Bonus: Free Breakfast for One!
- Peace of Mind: Enjoy our CleanStay promise: Rigorous sanitization, hygiene protocols, and trained staff to ensure your safety.
- Accessibility Guaranteed: We're dedicated to making your stay comfortable for everyone (a big win!).
Don't wait! Book your Escape to Green Rostock today and create memories that will last a lifetime. This place is a gem, and you deserve a fantastic vacation. Book now, before I decide to go AGAIN and hog all the rooms! (I'm only partly kidding.)
Brunei's BEST Budget Hotel? Easybox Hotel SHOCKINGLY Affordable!Alright, buckle up buttercups. This ain't gonna be your polished, perfectly-planned itinerary. This is… well, this is me, attempting to navigate the Green Rostock Apartment Hotel, and trust me, it's probably going to be a glorious, chaotic mess. Get ready for some serious ramblings, questionable decisions, and the raw, unfiltered truth about yours truly.
The Green Rostock Apartment Hotel – My Attempt at German Perfection (and probably failing spectacularly)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Key Calamity
- 10:00 AM (ish): Arrive at Rostock-Laage Airport. Okay, first observation: the airport is TINY. Like, practically blink-and-you'll-miss-it tiny. I mean, I'm used to the sprawling, soul-crushing mega-airports, so this was a nice change. Except… where's the baggage carousel? Turns out, it’s the same tiny room for everyone. Score! Now, for finding the airport transportation to the apartment…
- 11:00 AM (ish): Taxi to The Green Rostock. Ah, the hotel. Looks promising. Clean lines, promising balcony. I'm already picturing myself, sipping wine, overlooking the harbor… or so I thought. Reality check: the cobblestone streets make for a seriously bumpy ride. My stomach is doing flips.
- 11:30 AM: Check-in. Here’s where it starts to go wrong. The receptionist lady seemed nice enough, gave me the key, and mentioned something about the "automatic lock" – which, looking back, should have been a HUGE red flag.
- 11:45 AM: The Key Nightmare Begins. I get to my apartment, excitement brewing. Beautiful! Then, I try the key. Nothing. Try again. Nada. Panic starts to bubble. Is this a prank? Did I get the wrong room? I, of course, immediately assume the worst (I forgot the key card in my pocket?). Head down to the front desk, all flustered and probably looking like a sweaty idiot. Turns out, I was the idiot, it was the batteries. The receptionist, bless her soul, gave me a spare key. Then I went back up, with the spare key and, like a moron, forgot to pay attention to the battery issue. Back down to the front desk, red faced and mortified. She gave me a real key (so, a key I realized I would not need to worry about.)
- 1:00 PM: Finally get into the apartment. Relief washes over me. Unpack, collapse on the bed, and vow to never, ever, venture outside again.
- 2:00 PM: Forced outside. Hunger. Gotta find food. Wander aimlessly, because directions? Pfft. End up at a Schnitzelhaus – the aroma is divine. Order the biggest schnitzel on the menu. It's epic. Like, life-changingly epic. I devoured the whole thing. Judge me, I don’t care.
- 4:00 PM: Post-Schnitzel stupor. Stroll along the harbor, pretending to be effortlessly chic. Secretly battling the urge to nap in a picturesque park. Don’t judge.
- 7:00 PM: Attempt to find a decent beer garden. Rostock, you're making me hungry. The search is on! After some disastrous attempts at the wrong directions, I eventually stumble upon a cozy, dimly lit place with… you guessed it… more beer. And more food. (I'm sensing a theme here). Engage in people-watching. Germans on bikes are a thing, and they are EVERYWHERE.
- 9:00 PM: Waddle (post-beer and food) back to the apartment, stomach a happy, satisfied rumble. Pass out.
Day 2: Culture, Cathedrals, and Culinary Mishaps
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. Damn, still beat? Stumble to the balcony, take in the view. Actually, not a bad view. Feel a flicker of optimism.
- 10:00 AM: Attempt some "sightseeing." Visit St. Mary's Church – HUGE. Impressive. Get mildly overwhelmed by the history. Feel pangs of guilt for not knowing more about German history. Vow to hit up the library later.
- 12:00 PM: The Failed Sausage Quest. Decide I must sample some authentic German sausage. Armed with very limited German and a desperate desire for brats, I embark on a quest. Wandering into a sausage shop, I stare at the various sausage options for, like, a whole ten minutes. Feeling intimidated, I point randomly at something. It's… interesting. Let's just say it wasn't quite the sausage experience I had envisioned. It resembled a rubbery food I don't want to think about too hard.
- 1:00 PM: Despondent, I find a cute little cafe in the Old Town, that looked very German. Order a cake. Chocolate, with cream. Redemption!
- 2:00 PM: Explore the Warnow River. The water looks stunning. Almost want to take a dip.
- 4:00 PM: Head back to the apartment to relax. Realize the automatic lock is still giving me the evil eye. Begin plotting ways to sabotage it from afar.
- 5:00 PM: Find a grocery store and buy various snacks. Snack on snacks.
- 7:00 PM: Decide to cook "dinner." Huge mistake. The "kitchen" is more of a glorified cupboard. The instructions on the "pre-made" meal were a total mystery. Ended up eating instant noodles. I hate instant noodles. Again, more wine to ease the pain.
- 9:00 PM: Collapse onto the couch, feeling a potent mix of satisfaction, exhaustion, and mild disappointment. Tomorrow, I’m tackling the seaside, and I have a feeling I will encounter more shenanigans.
Day 3: Seaside Shenanigans & Farewell (…maybe?)
- 9:00 AM: Decide to be a "morning person." Take a very long shower, and drink coffee.
- 10:00 AM: Take a train to Warnemünde, the seaside part of Rostock. The coast is gorgeous, a real treat!
- 11:00 AM: Stroll along the beach. Take way too many photos. Embrace the sun.
- 12:00 PM: Eat a delicious fish sandwich. Suddenly, all my travel woes diminish.
- 1:00 PM: Attempt to learn how to kite surf. Epic fail. Spluttering in the waves, swallowed by the sea. I am a terrible kite surfer.
- 3:00 PM: Give up on kite surfing. Find a beach bar, and order a beer. Or two. Or three…
- 5:00 PM: Head back to Rostock. Start to accept the idea that my visit is coming to an end.
- 6:00 PM: Pack. Or at least, attempt to pack. End up just shoving everything into my suitcase and hoping for the best.
- 7:00 PM: Final meal. More schnitzel, of course. This time, I know where to go.
- 8:00 PM: Stroll. Look at the harbor as the sun sets. Suddenly, the tiny city that was a mystery just days ago, has turned into something that I can embrace, and appreciate.
- 9:00 PM: Final beer. Reflect on my adventure. Am I going to miss this place? Honestly? Yes!
- 10:00 PM: One last struggle with the automatic lock (it wins). Sigh dramatically. Prepare for departure.
Final Thoughts:
Well, that was a ride. The Green Rostock Apartment Hotel? Quirky, with its own special demands (mostly the battery situation). Rostock itself? Charming, challenging, and full of ridiculously good food. Did everything go according to plan? Absolutely not. Did I have moments of frustration and self-doubt? Oh, yes. But did I have an adventure? Damn right, I did. And honestly, that's what matters. This wasn't a perfect trip, but it was my trip. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Europa Pforzheim Awaits!Escape to Green Rostock: You HAVE Questions, I Have (Sort of) Answers. Let's Get Messy!
Okay, so "Chicest Apartment Hotel"... Really? Is it as pretentious as it sounds?
Alright, let's get this out of the way first: "Chicest" is a loaded word, isn't it? Like, does anyone actually *say* that in real life unless they're trying way too hard? I, however, *lived* this trip, so I'm here to spill the tea. Look, Green Rostock *is* stylish. Think minimalist Scandi vibes meets seriously thoughtful design – the kind where you feel guilty leaving a stray sock on the floor (don't judge, it happened). But pretentious? Nah, not really. It's more... refined. Like, they clearly put a lot of effort into the details, but it's not stuffy. Unless you're me, who managed to spill coffee *everywhere* on the first morning. (Mortified. Absolutely mortified.)
The apartments: are they actually ROOMY, or just cleverly disguised shoeboxes?
Okay, real talk: Space is a precious commodity, especially when you’re traveling with a mountain of luggage (guilty!). These apartments? They’re genuinely spacious. I wouldn't say you could throw a party in them, but I *did* manage to do my yoga routine without knocking anything over. And that, my friends, is a win. More than enough room to actually *live* in the space, not just exist until it’s time to flee back into the world. However, trying to find the light switch in the middle of the night? That's a challenge. Prepare for fumbling and mumbled curses, but that's just part of the charm, right?
What’s the deal with the location? Is it actually "green"?
The "green" part? Well, Rostock itself is pretty darn green. Think parks, the Baltic Sea nearby, the canals...it's not a concrete jungle, let's just say that. The hotel itself incorporates a lot of natural light and those plants in the lobby are absolutely lovely. It contributes to the vibe. You can bike around. If you're hoping for a full-on eco-cation, maybe do a bit more research, yeah? But it's definitely *not* a bad starting point for exploring the beautiful coastal city. I went to the beach every day!. That's important to know.
Breakfast, oh glorious breakfast: tell me everything!
Okay, breakfast warrants its own essay, truly. I’m a breakfast person, always have been, always will be. The Green Rostock breakfast is… good, okay? The bread was fresh, the coffee was strong (essential, especially after the aforementioned coffee-spilling incident). They had proper German meats and cheeses. Seriously good. The yogurt was delicious. But… (and there's always a "but," isn't there?)… it wasn't *mind-blowing*. The variety was decent, your standard continental fare. I wish it featured local Rostock specialties. I’m being picky, I know. Look, I ate enough to fully fuel my day of exploring. I would eat there again in a heartbeat. Just don’t expect a Michelin-starred experience. Expect something reliable and tasty.
Also, a word of warning: the breakfast room gets BUSY. Like, *really* busy. I’d recommend going early, or embrace the chaos. I did neither and had to wait. Learn from my mistakes, people.
Any hidden gems or things I should DEFINITELY do while I'm there?
Okay, listen up. I'm a bit of a history and culture buff, so Rostock's old town HAD me. Walk the city walls, get lost in the narrow streets, and take a boat tour of the harbor. Also? There's this tiny little bakery I stumbled upon (I'm not revealing the exact location, you have to earn it!) with the best Franzbrötchen in the entire world. Seriously. You want to eat it, right? Right. Go exploring!
But, and this is important: don’t be afraid to just wander. That’s where the magic happens. I found a tiny art gallery tucked away on a side street, and it was sublime. So ditch the rigid itinerary. Embrace the unexpected. That's how you make the best memories.
What was the *one* thing that really made this hotel stand out for you?
Oh, easy. This is where I'm going to get a little gushy (brace yourselves). The balcony. Yes, I know, it's stupidly simple. But my apartment had this *amazing* balcony that overlooked a little courtyard, filled with flowers and the sound of birds chirping. I’d sit out there with my coffee (the *second* cup, after I'd cleaned up the first mess), reading, breathing in the fresh air, and honestly, just feeling… content. Like, properly, truly, deeply content. It was *everything*. In the evenings, the balcony was magical with the soft glow of the city lights. It was this totally private, relaxing oasis. That balcony made the whole experience, I'm telling you.
I even, at one point, considered just *living* on the balcony. Okay, maybe not, but I definitely started fantasizing about it. The simple things, eh? A good balcony can make or break a trip, and in the case of Green Rostock, it definitely *made* it.
Okay, but seriously, any downsides? Be honest!
Alright, alright, I’ll be brutally, painfully honest. The gym. Yeah. It exists. It’s… functional. Let’s just leave it at that. Don’t expect much beyond the basics. The lighting’s a bit… fluorescent. The equipment is adequate. I'm not a huge gym person, but even I wouldn’t spend a lot of time in there. I’m more about the walking-around-until-my-feet-hurt approach to exercise anyway, so it didn’t bother me too much. Other than that, the wifi was sometimes a bit patchy. But I always say, it's good to disconnect sometimes, right?
Would you go back? And would you recommend it?
Absolutely, 100% yes. I would go back in a heartbeat, especially if I could get the same apartment with the glorious, life-affirming balcony. I would recommend it, yes. It's a great base for exploring the city, the apartments are spacious and well-designed, and the staff are genuinely helpful and friendly. It’s got a good vibe. You feel looked after without feeling suffocated. It's not perfectTrip Hotel Hub